What Constitutes an Eye Emergency?
An eye emergency occurs whenever there is an urgent risk to your ocular health or vision. Since eye emergencies are time-sensitive, you should contact your optometrist immediately.
What Are Some Examples of Eye Emergencies?
- Sudden loss of vision (either partial or complete)
- Sudden appearance of floaters, flashes, and blurry patches over large areas of your vision
- Abrupt or intense pain in one or both eyes
- Unexpected headaches or dizziness
- Acute inflammation in the vicinity of one or both eyes